Username:

Password:

Author Topic: In Memory of Bill Richardson aka Kilzuazz  (Read 120 times)

R4lN

• View Profile
In Memory of Bill Richardson aka Kilzuazz
« on: October 19, 2017, 07:52:33 PM »
     So some of you have heard now that Bill passed away last night..  As I stare at my facebook page it is somewhat surreal that it tells me he was online 19 hours ago.  I sit idle in Dalaran waiting for him to log in. I was woke up this morning by my girlfriend screaming at me hysterically telling me that my dear friend had passed away.  He lives in St Louis.  I still have no idea how he died.  Considering he was online just 19 hours ago, I would guess his heart gave out on him.  I will share that information when it becomes available. 
     Let me tell you how we met.  I remember getting the game tiberian sun many years ago.  I thought I was pretty good at this game.  I came upon this player that just kicked my butt bad.  I was cranking out titans as fast as I could. As I sent them over to his base, he would toy with me and take them out with bombers before they ever got there.  I can only imagine the big smile on his face knowing he was playing a noOb.  I remember messaging him and accusing him of cheating! LoL   I finally gave in and asked him to teach me how to play the game.   That was the beginning of a great friendship.
     About 1 month later, he was complaining about how slow his computer was.. Since I built computers I offered to build him a computer.  I was making a trip from Oklahoma to Michigan to see my girlfriend and I stopped in St. Louis.  He gave me 1200 dollars cash to build him a computer.  He didn't know me from Adam really and he was willing to put that trust in me.   I built his computer and had my father who was a truck driver, drop it off one day as he went through St Louis. 
     Thats the kind of man Bill was. In the 16 years that Ive known him,  I never once seen him mad.  He was always putting others before himself. When I would go through St. Louis,  he would always let me stay at his place so I wouldn't have to pay for hotel rooms.  Bill could have easily done humanitarian work.  That was the aura he carried and the personality he was born with. 
     Bill was a successful business man.  He owned a construction company that mostly did brick work.  His company specialized in what they call bulging walls.  That is where the bricks morter fails and the wall begins to bow outwards trying to collapse.   His company specialized in drawing that wall back to its normal state without ripping the wall down.  His company is also responsible for putting a lot of work into the St Louis buildings and its community. 
     He absolutely loved this game.  I think I got him hooked on it shortly after vanilla.  Hes always lived out in the sticks and the best internet he could get is wireless.  Sometimes it was so bad, he could only stay connected for minutes at a time.  He still doesn't have any better than wireless now.  I'm surprised hes played it for so long with such a terrible connection yet he was so patient.   But thats Bill.
     For those of you that might like to browse through some of Bills pictures, this is is facebook page. 

https://www.facebook.com/bill.richardson.33/photos?lst=100000192430642%3A1535194335%3A1508455451&source_ref=pb_friends_tl 

And here is the facebook page to his business that shows some of his work. 

https://www.facebook.com/RichardsonMasonry/

Bill Richardson, Rest In Peace buddy.

R4lN

• View Profile
Re: In Memory of Bill Richardson aka Kilzuazz
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 08:05:35 PM »
This post was just sent to me. 

St. Louis lost it's most talented mason last night. Bill Richardson owner of Richardson masonry passed away after suffering a heart attack. He grew up in South City and had a deep respect for the architecture and community.  Bill was the guy that would do the complex projects no one else could or would.  He'd painstakingly custom make bricks matching the color and texture because "the building deserves it."  Most of the work he's done is invisible because it looks like it's always been there.  Bill was a craftsman who took immense pride in his trade and documented every project he worked on in scrapbooks that I imagine go back decades.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with him.  RIP  Bill.

Kelinnaa

• View Profile
Re: In Memory of Bill Richardson aka Kilzuazz
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »
Bryan,

This is a beautiful reflection of your friendship with Bill. A friend like that, no matter how you met, will always have a special place in your heart. Although he was only with our guild a fraction of the time you knew him, I'm glad you convinced him to apply and raid with us. He will certainly be missed.

<3
~Cassie~
AKA *Kelinnaa*
WHJ Resident Mage