Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Looking for a Job? Ian - Panchen  (Read 1332 times)

Mord

Looking for a Job? Ian - Panchen
« on: October 23, 2018, 09:36:53 PM »
PERSONAL INFORMATION

What is your name?
Ian

How old are you?

Where are you from?
US

What is your profession?
Nuclear Power

WOW HISTORY

How long have you been playing?
Since November 2004

Are you the original owner of the account / Do you share your account?
Yes / No

What types of guilds have you joined in the past?
Classic - PvP, BC - casual raiding, WotLK - HC raiding, casual since

What are reasons you left past guilds?
Most notably was the guild on Alexstraza when we were clearing realm first hardmodes in Ulduar.  That guild was great and I was happy to have the highest DPS period on my realm at that time (granted that rogues were in a great place), but when ToC came out, the guild divided on whether to pursue the new content or continue pushing no-lights Yogg without doubling our raid hours.  People started raiding with other guilds and then it fractured off.  After clearing ICC and the new expansion release, I just went to focus on competitive PvP, (but highest 3v3 is only 1900).  Ever since then, I've been guildless.

FOR RAIDERS:

What current bosses have you killed and on what difficulty?
I did 3/8 LFR one time

What raiding experience do you have in the past / other expansions?
Classic best was Naxx, but I only ever healed the construct quarter.  BC best was TK.  In WotLK, we killed Arthas pre-nerf, but it wasn't even close to realm first.  All the good stuff there came from realm first ulduar hardmodes.  Ever since then it's just been random stuff then and again.

Besides the toon you are applying with, do you have any other raid-ready toons (list if so)?
Rogue, Warrior, Druid are all in the 340-360 range, but I could get anything up and running pretty quickly.

Do you raid with other guilds?
No

What roles have you raided as in the past?
Classic Naxx - Resto Druid, BC misc - Prot War, WotLK misc - Rog

Name of toon you are applying with:
Panchen

Class? & Specialization / Off-spec (and ilvl of each)?
Priest Holy/Disc 355

Are you willing to take on a different spec if needed?
yes

Please link your armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/illidan/Panchen

Do you keep your toon maxxed (i.e. enchants/gems/proper talents/glyphs, etc.)?
If I'm on a raid team, I spare no expense.  I ran BS/JC in WotLK just for the passives and those were arguably insignificantly better than the others.

What is the main source of knowledge for learning your toon (i.e. icy-veins, freinds, etc.)?
Idk what's best anymore, but I used to love tank spot.  Icy-veins is great for like... just taking a class you've never touched and making it playable, but it's kinda soft-core.  Of course, the best thing that you can do is just play the field.  Talk to other raiders, keep up on MMO champ, watch anything Method releases on youtube, etc.

Are you able to consistently attend raid nights (Tuesday & Thursday 8pm-12am server (CST) time)?(If your answer to the previous question was "no," please explain any conflicts and what you anticipate your attendance would be.)
This is the ball buster.  I live in Hawaii, so the times are no sweat, but I work on a Submarine, so my schedule can shift from unpredictable to just gone for months.  This pretty much prevents me from ever raiding seriously, which is a shame.  I'll be doing new work later this expac though, so I might one day be able to get back into things.  I'm really just filling out the "for raiders" spots to give a little more background.

OUR GUILD

How did you hear about us?
Baens, Burhbs, Mixxkilla

Do you know anyone in the guild? If so, how?
Baens.  We worked together for a few years.  

What made you want to apply?
I haven't had a group that I've consistently played with since RBGs in Cata, but I've been playing a lot with WHJ guildies this expac and you all seem like a fun team that I'd be happy to join.  I enjoy playing most aspects of the game and I'm always down to run off and do something new with a group, so I just want to toss my sword into the pot.

What do you expect from us?
Only free, unlimited access to guild materials and repairs and to be carried through all 10 mythic dungeons each week.  I also insist on a raid spot for whichever alt I feel like bringing on progression nights and first dibs on all loot.  I also will need 1000 DKP up front to bid on all said loot.  Unlimited power levelling for my alts.  Oh, and if I'm ever ganked while questing, I need the guild to muster en masse to my defense.

QUESTIONS?

Here is your chance to give us any additional information you would like us to know or ask us any questions!
My pros:
I have 17,530 achievement points.
I have 83,368 honorable kills.
I have exalted reputation with 56 factions.
I have 384 days /played (269 rogue).

My cons:
I have 6 deaths from drowning.
I have 4 deaths from fatigue.
I have 4 deaths from fire and lava.
I have 65 deaths from falling.

Kelinnaa

• Administrator
Re: Looking for a Job? Ian - Panchen
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 10:34:16 PM »
Ian,

The 65 deaths from falling is the deal breaker here... you're a priest?! We'd love to come to your defense when ganked, but frankly the majority of us suck at PVP and it would likely just be a WHJ massacre.

It sounds like you're just looking for a warm and loving home, we always have a spot for orphans like yourself. We may not be able to guarantee a consistent raid spot just because of comp (we have 2 healer priests atm), but if that's okay with you-- friends of current guildies are always welcome! Seek out a member of management (Kelinnaa, Optik, Sidheinn, Choochjr) for an invite!
~Cassie~
AKA *Kelinnaa*
WHJ Resident Mage