Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Looking for a Job? Daniel - Sephirotten  (Read 491 times)

lifeseeker128

Looking for a Job? Daniel - Sephirotten
« on: October 28, 2019, 10:53:37 AM »
PERSONAL INFORMATION

What is your name?
Daniel

How old are you?

Where are you from?
United States

What is your profession?
Data Analyst (looking for work IRL)

WOW HISTORY

How long have you been playing?
I have played off and on since vanilla, only getting up to any form of a level cap (60 and up) during Burning Crusade. I cut my teeth on raiding during the end of Wrath of the Lich King and finished Icecrown with my guild of the time. Since then, I've been playing only briefly with long hiatuses. After a more than five-year absence, I've come back, seeking adventures I've missed. My character may be new, but the class and mechanics are mostly familiar. New server. New stable of alts to level and explore.

Are you the original owner of the account / Do you share your account?
I am the original owner of this account

What types of guilds have you joined in the past?
Mostly raiding guilds

What are reasons you left past guilds?
Most of the reasons are concerned with the toxicity of each community I outright left. Other than this, there's the fact that I've taken lengthy absences from the game for unrelated reasons (school, work, frustrations with the daily grind in-game). My most recent absence was due to how reputation had to be ground out during Mists of Pandaria in order to even start raiding. I don't want to play a job-simulator.

FOR RAIDERS:

What current bosses have you killed and on what difficulty?
No current bosses as of the recent expansion. I've downed all bosses from Icecrown Citidel back in the day as well as some from other raids which I hardly recall. Icecrown was obviously my hayday.

What raiding experience do you have in the past / other expansions?
As I said, Icecrown. All of it. Including Lich King when it was mostly relevant (there were nerfs in place, though).

Besides the toon you are applying with, do you have any other raid-ready toons (list if so)?
None. The character I'm applying with isn't strictly raid-ready, either. He isn't even leveled to the current cap yet.

Do you raid with other guilds?
No. Fresh start on this server.

What roles have you raided as in the past?
Off-tank mostly. Sometimes, I would sub in as melee DPS.

Name of toon you are applying with:
Sephirotten

Class? & Specialization / Off-spec (and ilvl of each)?
Death Knight. Blood tank. iLvl 173 (newly boosted 110 character with BfA bonus)

Are you willing to take on a different spec if needed?
yes

Please link your armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/illidan/Sephirotten

Do you keep your toon maxxed (i.e. enchants/gems/proper talents/glyphs, etc.)?
I did once and can again.

What is the main source of knowledge for learning your toon (i.e. icy-veins, freinds, etc.)?
Practice and a healthy amount of internet searching. I've been going through WoWhead's class guides recently.

Are you able to consistently attend raid nights (Tuesday & Thursday 8pm-12am server (CST) time)?(If your answer to the previous question was "no," please explain any conflicts and what you anticipate your attendance would be.)
I believe so. My schedule may be changing in the near future as I'm looking for a job, but I'm sure I'll be able to raid.

OUR GUILD

How did you hear about us?
In-game. I struck up a conversation with a member of yours, Rottenbones. The guild sounds interesting.

Do you know anyone in the guild? If so, how?
Random conversations in trade chat with Rottenbones. We're acquaintences.

What made you want to apply?
I've been looking for a new guild to join since shortly into my time playing retail WoW again. WoW classic got me back ten days before then but I missed the quality of life changes from later expansions and so came back to retail. Also, I've discovered that some heirloom gear for leveling is only available from the guild vendor and would like to collect them all. As it seems like I've lost my old character with my other heirloom pieces, I've little choice but to start over.

What do you expect from us?
Chill atmosphere. Understanding for rusty learners of the game. Non-toxic community. A Discord for voice chat etc.

QUESTIONS?

Here is your chance to give us any additional information you would like us to know or ask us any questions!
I noticed that your recruitment of tanks is a low priority (as listed on the site's home page). This is my main role for most anything, but I do tend to branch out a lot while leveling alts. Migrating to other roles for raids isn't much of a problem. I prefer melee DPS as an alternate (doable on a Death Knight, my preferred main class) but can also perform well as a ranged DPS. Healing isn't my strong suit, but I've been known to dabble. Is there a place for an alt-oholic like me on your roster? Also, is the ability to raid manditory for new members, or am I allowed to take my time leveling up to that readiness? Currently, I'm seeking work IRL and might not have as much time to dedicate to the game moving forward. How flexible is your guild's raid attendance policy?

lifeseeker128

Re: Looking for a Job? Daniel - Sephirotten
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 02:15:22 PM »
Just a small update: I have recently discovered my old characters after not remembering what realm they were on. I have no more need for most of the guild-based heirlooms as one of those old characters had them. However, I am still interested in this guild and what it has to offer. Let me know if there's room for my new Death Knight (still leveling). I am mostly a casual player but may come out of retirement to attend raids.

Kelinnaa

• Administrator
Re: Looking for a Job? Daniel - Sephirotten
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 07:15:27 PM »
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the app- we're always accepting casual players. To be transparent, there will likely be little to no opportunity to tank our raids as our tanks are set and have been for years. Once you hit max level we can further discuss raiding opportunities, but essentially as long as you're geared enough you could come on our farm night (Tuesdays, usually heroic clear). Mythic night (Thursdays) has a few more requirements. We of course do other things throughout the week like M+ to gear people. If this sounds like a good fit go ahead and seek out a member of management for an invite (Kelinnaa, Optik, Byrhbs, Quivna, Sidheinn, Liefdekop).
~Cassie~
AKA *Kelinnaa*
WHJ Resident Mage