Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Looking for a Job? Sue - Badagris  (Read 290 times)

Badagris

• Raiders
    • View Profile
Looking for a Job? Sue - Badagris
« on: September 22, 2016, 01:12:25 AM »
PERSONAL INFORMATION

What is your name?
Sue

How old are you?

Where are you from?
United States

What is your profession?
Customer care supervisor

WOW HISTORY

How long have you been playing?
My husband and I have been playing since December 2005. We soloed our way through most of vanilla and I raided Onyxia, MC, and BWL with Sonic Death Monkey (Horde) on Eitrigg. We stuck around until around the time Sunwell dropped in BC and quit, cold turkey. Real life was in need of more attention at the time. We remained absent through the remainder of BC and through all of WotLK, returning about halfway through Cata. During Cata, we both raided with Fraternitas Exemplar  (Alliance) on Stormrage, a guild made almost exclusively of adults (except for a few of our teen kids, including mine). I have LFR'd and PUG'd my way through MoP and WoD. At this point, I would prefer to progress through this expansion with a competent guild that is drama-free.

Are you the original owner of the account / Do you share your account?
Original owner. We haven't shared since Vanilla.

What types of guilds have you joined in the past?
Casual guilds that happened to raid, much like yours.

What are reasons you left past guilds?
Sonic Death Monkey - guild drama that made me lose my taste for guilds for a while. I have no time for drama. If I wanted some, I could switch off my computer and call my mother.

Fraternitas Exemplar - the guild kind of ran out of steam by the end of Cata. Not enough people came back when MoP dropped.

Just this morning I left another guild on this server, one that I had specifically come to this server to join because a coworker is a member. Unfortunately, they don't have rules about how members are to treat each other. My good friend and I both left due to a lot of immature behavior, including racism and sexism. I also felt like the guild mom and definitely didn't like that feeling.

FOR RAIDERS:

What current bosses have you killed and on what difficulty?
Emerald Nightmare (Normal): Nythendra, one-shotted her with a PUG last night. We started on Elerethe but lost a couple of people after a wipe and gave up.

What raiding experience do you have in the past / other expansions?
Vanilla: Onyxia, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Naxx

Cata: Firelands (H/N); Bastion (H/N); Throne of Four Winds (H); Dragon Soul (H/N).

MoP: SoO (H/N/LFR)

WoD: Highmaul, BRF, HFC, all H/N/LFR.

Besides the toon you are applying with, do you have any other raid-ready toons (list if so)?
Not yet, but I have 7 Horde toons on Eitrigg that I'm willing to level and gear up if any of them are needed. I have:
Priest (Holy)
Warlock (Aff)*
Warrior (Fury)*
Rogue (Assassination)
Shaman (Elemental)
Hunter (undecided)
Mage (Arcane)
DH (Havoc)

Do you raid with other guilds?
Not at this time, no.

What roles have you raided as in the past?
Heals in Vanilla, both heals and dps since then.

Name of toon you are applying with:
Badagris

Class? & Specialization / Off-spec (and ilvl of each)?
Shaman Elemental (838) / No OS yet

Are you willing to take on a different spec if needed?
yes

Please link your armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Badagris/simple

Do you keep your toon maxxed (i.e. enchants/gems/proper talents/glyphs, etc.)?
I'm still working on maxing him out, but I prefer to play that way.

What is the main source of knowledge for learning your toon (i.e. icy-veins, freinds, etc.)?
Icy-Veins and YouTube videos. I also spend some time at the target dummies.

Are you able to consistently attend raid nights (Tuesday & Thursday 8pm-12am server (CST) time)?(If your answer to the previous question was "no," please explain any conflicts and what you anticipate your attendance would be.)
Yes. If something came up - a change in work schedule, etc.,  - I would absolutely let you know.

OUR GUILD

How did you hear about us?
While queued for heroics earlier, I grew bored and started browsing the Guild Finder. I liked the name and description so I thought I'd apply.

Do you know anyone in the guild? If so, how?
Not to my knowledge, no.

What made you want to apply?
The fact that you're adults, for starters.

Your description on the front page of the site really resonated with me:
"There are no restrictions to join aside from following the only guild rule that of always treating others with respect. Most (if not all) of us have jobs, and we play this game for fun, we don’t need drama."

Yup. I have found my people.

What do you expect from us?
Mutual respect and fun company while playing a game we all love.
Occasionally allowing me to geek out about lore. I really love the lore of this game.
My desire to raid isn't about "phat lewtz," it's about the process. I really enjoy working through the progression and the elation of finally downing a difficult boss (I danced when we finally killed Zon'ozz the first time).

QUESTIONS?

Here is your chance to give us any additional information you would like us to know or ask us any questions!
A friend of mine may also apply to join! I will make sure that he notes that in his application.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 01:16:16 AM by Badagris »
Sue
aka Badagris
Resident Old Lady

Kelinnaa

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a Job? Sue - Badagris
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 06:25:37 PM »
Hi Sue,

Thanks for the application! You seem like you would be a great fit with our group, and we can always use more ranged dps. Keeping a heal off-spec is always helpful, but right now we seem to have plenty of healers. Do your husband and children still play? Definitely have anyone who makes an application mention that they know you so we can keep track on people who are applying together. Stay tuned for word from management.

Good luck :)
~Cassie~
AKA *Kelinnaa*
WHJ Resident Mage

Badagris

• Raiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 10:47:14 PM »
Thanks! I appreciate your quick reply and look forward to hearing from "management." :)

To answer your question - my husband still plays, but has found a home in a hunters-centric guild on Nesingwary and doesn't raid because of extreme anxiety. Our 17-year-old son still plays sometimes, but has 0 characters on Illidan and prefers to spend most of his time screaming at his monitor while playing Overwatch.
Sue
aka Badagris
Resident Old Lady

Optik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 01:12:54 AM »
Hi Sue,

Looks like you would be a good fit for our crew, go ahead and seek out someone from management for an invite (Sidheinn, Choochz, Guason, or my self on any number of my alts)

Optik